Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Changes...

I guess its a good day for America. I just hope that we continue on our road to change and that our new president elect follows through on his claims to shake up the presidency. For the first time since Clinton, the president I voted for actually won - something kind of exciting! All of a sudden I'm proud to be an American and feel a responsibility to change our world for the better.

In other news, and in my opinion on a much sadder note, California is passing Prop 8 defining marriage to be between a man and a woman. I was hoping that California would lead the nation in allowing some basic civil rights to a whole new group of Americans. I guess we'll wait a bit longer. If it took almost half a century to get a black president into office after the Civil Rights movement, I guess I can hope that before I die we'll see a gay or lesbian in office too! At least we were acknowledged in Pres. Obama's speech last night - more than I can say for his opponents.

And on another note - sometimes things don't change right away. I'm off to finish laundry, clean the kitchen, and finish homework. Things I do regardless of who is living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!

I'm proud of you America -- now please keep things moving!

1 comment:

Christia said...

I'm so sad about prop 8 passing. I just don't understand why?! HUGS! :)