Wednesday, June 20, 2007

updates


Blogging is something that I can't seem to get my arms around. I read people's blogs and they are often so good at it, I feel inadequate. So, here I am - trying again. We'll see how it goes this time. To update everyone on the last 9 months of our lives. We have now lived in Olympia for a year and we finally decided to buy a house. We searched and searched, thank goodness our real estate agent had the patience of Job. We put an offer in on a gorgeous house in Chehalis and it just didn't feel right. As the fates would have it, it didn't pass inspection, so we continued to look and we lowered our wants list quite a bit. We decided square footage wasn't as important as being somewhere that our family is comfortable and respected. So, we finally found a house in West Olympia. Not far from where we're living now. It's a great neighborhood and a great house. I can see us raising Beckett there for some time to come. In other news, Beckett turned 1. He walks now. Katie is 3 quarters away from graduating from South Puget Sound Community College and she'll be applying to The Everegreen State College for Spring 2008. It seems so far way, but the way this last year has flown by, I know it'll be here before we know it. As for me, I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I'm considering accounting (something I can do from home), teaching or just going to Evergreen and taking programs that interest me. They do have a Masters in Public Administration that is very interesting to me. However, I still am not sure exactly what I'll do with it. But of course, I'm not doing much with the degree I have now. I'm posting a picture of Beckett from the fountain here in Olympia. It was a beautiful day and the sun just lit his face so perfectly.