Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Zoo




Beckett made his first trip to the zoo last week. He slept through most of it, but woke up somewhere near the otters. Which is interesting because Otters are my favorite animal at the zoo. We went to Pt Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma. They have a great new Kids Zone with activities and a petting zoo. I put Beckett's feet in the water at the fountain. I'm not sure he knew what to do with that. Yes, I know he's too young to even remember it later on, so truly the zoo visit was for us. But as a family, we all had a good time. A few days ago he also rolled over for the first time. He hasn't done it since though. My theory is that he's done it once, so why do it again. "All right, I know I can do that now - next!" But wait - there's more. It's been an even bigger week. His first little tooth began to break through his bottom gum. He can't be our little toothless joe anymore. He'll need to be a one-toothed joe. Of course, we didn't discover the little bugger of a tooth until late last night after he'd been nothing but a cranky pants all day. He just wouldn't nap all day. Luckily, he's still sleeping through the night though. Thank goodness for small miracles.